7/27/2010

DAVIDE BZZ BAZZERLA MENS S/S 11

Davide bzz Bazzerla menswear S/S 11

web


Davide about his work and label:

I am Davide Bazzerla and bzz is my fashion label. I am introducing my new Man 2011 Spring/Summer collection in Berlin at Premium, where I got the Premium Young Designer Award 2011 for Menswear. The concept of this collection is a dialogue between strength and delicacy – the never ending contradiction in being and acting as a man.
Young human males need to decorate themselves to define their sexual identity and their social rank. Human males are not the same as birds or big felines: peacocks or lions have no doubt about who is the male and who is not. Now fashion darwinism tend to consider genre differences less relevant – because they are less functional than in the past.
I chose the basic template of each human male: the t-shirt. I reversed its primary sense – as irrelevant as fundamental – from a 1-dimension only to a 3D effect. I turn it into a screen to broadcast shapes and visual effects, a projection OUT of the pane, a signal to the other breeds and individuals in the surroundings.
Masculine is the vanity of roughness, the frivolousness of discipline. Uniforms are metaphors of ancestral war harnesses: big shoulders, tight backs, strong legs. I subverted American Navy and German Army trousers, turning them upsidedown or fusing them with tight denim leggings from girlish blue jeans. As a society, we shifted from “make love not war” to “make a lovely war”: I still stand for love & peace.
Berlin is the place where I designed and produced my new 2011 Man collection. From my room with a view over Alexanderplatz Tower, I found all resources to conceive, design and produce my work. Berlin has been providing me with inspirations and operations at the same time. No other town in Europe can be so welcoming and easy-to-use as Berlin is for creative communities. I had already experienced it during my last Woman Fall/Winter 2010/11 collection, that also has been fully developed in Berlin.
bzz was launched in 2005, initially with a store in Rome. At the same time, I collaborated in designing collections for some major Italian fashion brands and also cooperated with artists and designers from different backgrounds. I currently live in Berlin.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin